Sunday 18 October 2009

Metropolitan tea rooms, the Old Police Station/Pagan Feast

Time Out has a review of the Metropolitan Tea Rooms at the Old Police Station, if you want to read it here.

(by the way, the 'Dirty Cup Fridays' mentioned in the review should be 'Dirty Cop Fridays' - find more info on the website)

I've been in the tea rooms a couple of times, the most recent during the Deptford X festival. I've never seen any food on sale or even anyone behind the counter (and the last time I walked past on a weekday lunchtime it was closed!), but perhaps I should try again, as the food looks rather tasty.

Sadly I'll be out of town for Halloween/Samhain but if you are around you can celebrate the evening with a Pagan Feast in the cells of the Old Police Station. You will need to book in advance but if you want to combine a night out with the chance to try some of Jaine's cooking (genuine Medieval recipes!), this could be the thing for you!

2 comments:

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

Your blog is lovely and I'll visit again now I've found it.
All the very best,
Simone

CarolineLD said...

Thank you for the info - I'd visited once when the cafe was closed and pretty much forgotten about it. Definitely looks worth another trip!