Monday 1 June 2015

Brockley street art festival

Late to the party on this one - I managed to miss it in my previous post about the Brockley Max festival, which is probably because I wouldn't immediately associate Brockley with street art.

That's just my ignorance of course - I always think of leafy green avenues with expanses of Victorian mansions when I think of Brockley, but like most of London it's much more than that.

I do love a bit of street art so more than likely I'll be trying to take a spin round some of these venues on my bike later in the week - although the great thing about street art is that it will still be there in a couple of weeks' time if I can't get to see it actually being created.

There's a live map on the website as well as profiles of all the artists.

Photo by of the new Bob mural by @TheLewishamWay
There's also a series of events including a talk by craft graffiti artist Deadly Knitshade on Tuesday 2 June at the Brockley Brewery, and an exploration of the art and politics of the 80s and 90s with The Artful Dodger at the Hill Station.

No comments: